19 Jan 2014 Service – Dr A.R Bernard
Submitted by Aaron Wai
51 Now it came to pass, when the time had come for Him to be received up, that He steadfastly set His face to go to Jerusalem, Luke 9:51
Abraham – in his SEED all nations will be blessed.
“Steadfastly set His face” – Tells of FOCUS
Jesus was focused in what He had to do. Focus means He was emotionally and mentally set on dealing with the issue.
When we focus it doesn’t mean daily life disappears. Daily life still carries on. We still have to deal with issues that we face on our way to the goal that we are focused on.
Place of agreement – focus – place of power
Focus – bringing mind, will and emotions into agreement
1) A wondrous sensation of clarity and alertness
2) Fearlessness in the face of opposition
3) Confidence beyond the shadow of a doubt that you can do whatever you set your mind to do. If you cannot communicate with each other, you cannot focus.
4) Keeping your head erect, your eye on the ball and knocking it out of the park
5) Getting in the zone, keeping in your toes, staying in target, staying on top of things
7) Taking hold of life and not letting go until your dreams becomes reality
8) Knowing that if God be for you, who can be against you
We cannot focus without discipline. Discipline is the bridge between thought and accomplishment (dreaming something and making that dream reality).
We all have a low point. Tolerating descent until we cannot take it anymore and make a decision to start changing our lives (engaging in the disciplines to get out of that low point)
You need to focus and stay focused! Keep doing the things that got us up. It is easier to obtain than maintain.